HAPPY DIWALI !!
This recipe is truly an experiment and I should definitely say that it tasted good, at the same time I would also like to say that, one who do not like avocado, may or may not like it…just to the fact that there is avocado in it. I liked it, so not a bad idea to try it at least once to know whether you will like it or not. 🙂
I didn’t use any butter or ghee in it, as I used avocado, which is so buttery and smooth and creamy, it was perfect.
The reason why I am calling it a “true experiment” is that, for the first time I am making murukkulu in oven and the second reason is that I am avocado also. I had to literally cross my fingers and wait. Well, I had to bake it for more time other than just 20 mins….so it was worth waiting.:) They were crispy, but the one thing I felt is that I should have experimented more on the spices that I choose to add. I used both back pepper powder and red chili powder. I used more of black pepper powder and very less red chili powder, but at the end I didn’t like the red chili powder taste. Maybe next time I will just use black pepper powder or crushed pepper corns. Well, you can also try to experiments on the ingredients and let me know through your comments as to how I can improve or make it more perfect. 🙂
* I used 3 avocados and little sprinkles of water
* Add water if necessary or just substitute more avocado, choice is yours.
* make sure the avocados are smooth and creamy with no lumps, it will clog the pores of the murukku press.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients, mix well, add water or avocado puree to make a smooth and soft dough.
3. The dough consistency should not be too hard or too mushy.
4. In a Murrukulu press (I used the shooting gun), place the star shape for making murrukulu and fasten the top.
6. Now take a big lemon size ball of dough fill the other side and fasten the lid again.
7. Line a baking sheet and spray cooking oil spray and make small rounds of the dough to form the murukkulu shape as shown.
8. Cook it for about 30 – 35 mins or until it’s turns slightly brown and crispy on the outside.
9. Allow it to cool on a cooling rack which will make it more crispier.
10. Enjoy and these can be stores in a air tight container for 2 months or so.