Making braided bread has become an art to practice for me. So will keep trying until I may perfect. I mean to say reach to perfection with regards to my own self, 🙂 otherwise truly I will in trouble. 😉 The braid was perfect, but after it was baked, I guess I didn’t tuck the ends properly so it was kinda opening up. So for me I need to perfect a little bit more.
We love to eat soup and bread for dinner and this was a winner as well. This bread was so well spongy and right with the texture, which had a crispy outside and a soft and fluffy inside and the flax seed and chia seeds made it extra special. This is very easy to make and still very healthy with fiber and whole grains. Chia and flax seeds are rich in dietary nutrients.
1. Preheat oven to 425 F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, salt.
3. In a small bowl microwave milk until it gets just warm, add the sugar and yeast and let it sit for about 5 mins.
4. Now add this yeast mixture to the flour and knead it until you get a soft dough for about 5 mins.
5. Cover the dough with olive oil, place it in a bowl so that it does not stick while rising.
6. Cover it with a damp kitchen towel or paper towel and keep it in a warm place for about 1 hour, so that the dough will rise to double the size.
7. After an 1 hour, put a finger right in middle of the dough and it should like this as shown in the picture.
8. Now split the dough into three equal parts and roll it with your hands to a long strand with the help of a little bit flour in your hands.
9. Now mix flaxseed and chia seed, spread the seeds on the surface and roll each stand very well to coat it completely with the seeds.
10. Line a baking sheet and place all the strands on the sheet and pinch one of the ends together and then start braiding with the dough strands and when you reach the other end again join the end by pinching it again.
11. Now tuck both the ends under the braid on each side.
12. Bake it for about 25-30 mins or until the top of the crust gets slightly brown and crispy.
13. Enjoy this yummy braided bread with your choice of soup.