Biscuits are so tempting in the restaurants, but lately I am trying to reduce eating them. So had to come up with some idea that would be guilt-free enough so that I can still enjoy them. I came up with this recipe which is so simple and easy and makes delicious biscuits. First I thought whole wheat will not make tasty biscuits as the white flour ones, but I guess I was wrong; it took me so long to start making it at home….well now I can say for sure….it’s never late. 🙂 I am sure once you start making it at home, you will never go back to the restaurant and moreover you can get creative with the ingredients as well.
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 cup Mild/Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1/2 cup Milk
1 Stick Butter (1/2 cup)
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients with fork and add cheese fork mix.
3. Add wet ingredients and mix just until mixed.
4. Spoon 12 biscuits on a lined baking sheet.
5. Bake it around 18-20 mins or until done.
6. Enjoy it with a bowl of soup and top it with butter when it’s warm; adding butter is optional.