It’s been a long time since I got time to blog and even to make something interesting, as I was busy with my 2nd pregnancy and the new born.
Now that she turned a month old on the 20th Jan 2016, I got an excuse to make something quick with the time available.
As it’s for ms. S turning a month old, I wanted to make something with milk base, as that is what babies do like to have all day. 🙂
Anyways she is not going to anyway taste the cake, but with her name we can enjoy the yummy simple cake anytime and don’t have to wait for a chance to make, as its a very simple recipe.
I have used white whole wheat flour, but you can very well substitute with regular all purpose flour or regular whole wheat flour.
- 2 1/4 Cups White Whole Wheat / All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 Cup Milk
- 10 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes using a hand/stand mixer until thick and lemon-colored.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy
- Add in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted.
- Gradually add milk and butter mixture to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased two 9" round cake pans or one 13" x 9". baking pan.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- you can substitute white whole wheat flour with regular whole wheat or all purpose flour
- I used whole milk, you can substitute with any milk.