My son loves to eat dosa/idli podi with ghee for dosa and idli and sometimes with upma. I make it separately for him with less spice. But this time guess I am going to eat it too 😉
He also does not get enough protein frm lentils and so had to come up with a way to make him eat. So added all the lentils possible n peanuts with chia seeds too. previously when i prepared i used to add flax seed or meal to the podi instead of chia. I ran out of flax seed, so added chia seeds this time and I love this taste better.
Lately am not able to get time to post any recipes, so decided to keep it simple and try to post recipes more often.
- 1 Cup Chana Dal
- 1 Cup Whole Green Moong Dal
- 1 Cup Whole Urad Dal
- 1 Cup Roasted Split Chana Dal
- 1 Cup Whole Masoor Dal
- 1 Cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 Cup Peanuts
- 1 Cup Chia Seeds
- 7-8 Dry Red Chilies
- 1 small Lime Side Tamarind
- Salt as needed
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Asafoetida
- In a pan add each lentil/dal and dry roast on medium heat until slightly brown and remove it to a bowl to cool.
- Now dry roast the red chilies and add it to the rest of the lentils
- Dry roast the peanuts as well and add it to the same bowl of lentils.
- Add tamarind, garlic powder and salt and mix well and allow all of it to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixer add all ingredients including chia seed in batches and powder to a smooth to little coarse powder.
- Store it in a air tight container and serve this podi for dosa/idli or any south indian breakfast with oil or ghee.