I made this pie the next day of our 14th anniversary, because I didn’t want to cook much on the day. It just takes few minutes to prep if you have all the ingredients ready.
My son loves the almond crust and it’s so healthy and totally a gluten free dessert that everyone can enjoy. You can make it rich by adding whipped cream or ice cream to it as well.
Now a days I don’t have much time to write up a lot so am keeping it simple and go straight to the recipe. 🙂
- 2 Cups Almonds (whole)
- 1 Can Mango Pulp (Unsweetened)
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Sugar / Regular Sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 3 Tbsp Butter (I used Organic Valley Cultured Butter)
- 2 Cups Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place the almonds in a baking sheet and spread it evenly and bake it for about 8-10 mins or until it's nice and toasted, but not brown or burnt.
- Let it come to room temp.
- Meanwhile mix corn starch to the mango pulp, whisk it properly so that u don't have lumps.
- Place this mixture on stove on medium heat and keep stirring until it gets little thick in consistency. Place it in fridge to cool.
- Once the almonds are cooled down, add them into a blender/mixer, with cold butter and sugar and blend it to a coarse to fine powder.
- Remove and add this mixture to a pie plate, even it out and press it to the bottom evenly. Place this in fridge to cool.
- Remove the mango pulp from fridge and pour it over the prepared crust and even it out.
- Arrange the blueberries on top and keep it back in fridge for few hours b4 serving.
- I didn't have time to keep it longer so it didn't harden a lot, as my son wanted to eat it sooner. 😉
- you can add any fruits on top and make it richer by adding whipped cream or ice cream while serving.