it’s been a long time that I am not so actively blogging, but recently took a phone pic of a healthy recipe i did and so many of them asking for the recipe is making me type this here. But happy to get back at least once in a while and more often than never. Thanks to all the people who like to read and follow my recipes. 🙂
As said earlier, I don’t have an attractive pic, but the ingredients and the fact that it’s healthy I guess that it more than enough to attract anyone. 🙂
- 2 bunches of Murunga/Drumstick Leaves (aprox 3-4 cups)
- 1/2 Cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1-2 Dry Red Chilies
- 2-3 Garlic pods chopped
- 1/8 Tsp Asafoetida
- 1/4 Cup Coconut (used desicated, you can use freshly grated too)
- Salt as needed
- 1 Tsp Oil
- Water as needed
- In a kadai, add oil, when it's medium hot add mustard seeds and when it starts to sputter, add asafoetida, dry red chilies and saute for few secs.
- Now add chopped garlic, add the yellow moong dal and saute for a min.
- Add the murunga/drumstick leaves, water as needed to cook the dal.
- Cover and cook for about 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Open lid, add salt and coconut and cook it until the dal is cooked well.
- Serve hot with rice.
- you can substitute yellow moon dal with chana, masoor or any other dal/lentils or beans.