When you are left with little dosa/idli batter and nothing to make for dinner and want to eat something else other than regular idli and dosas, paniyaram is what i like to make as there are endless choices of what you can put in the batter to make delicious paniyarams in no time.
I soaked yellow moong/ split green gram because this dal takes less time to soak for about 1 or 2 hours and didn’t have any other veggies other than avocado. So why not avocados right ?
As simple is the recipe, I want to keep my words simple too. Let’s hop on to the recipe. 🙂
- 1 Cup Dosa/Idli Batter
- 1 Cup Yellow Moong Dal/Split Green Gram
- 1 Avocado
- 1-2 Green Chilies
- 1 Small Onion chopped
- Salt as needed
- Ghee or Oil as needed
- Soak moong dal for about 1-2 hrs in water.
- Grind soaked moong, avocado, green chilies to a coarse paste.
- Mix the batter with dosa/idli batter, salt and onions.
- Heat an paniyaram/appe pan,add 1 drop of ghee in each and when medium hot, add the prepared batter, cover and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Flip it and cook the other side 3-4 mins and remove to serving plate and serve with chutney or eat as is.
- * You can mix any greens or raw/sauted veggies of your choice to the batter.