There is always something new innovative in market for you to try. If it fits your budget and usable, why not give it a try. I still keep thinking how often am I going to use and how creative can I be or do I need this really ?
Well apart from all these questions, I just decided to try. It’s not going to hurt, but it gave me a chance to try and to make use of it in a good way that I can eat and make my kid eat healthier. That’s all it matters. 🙂
I know there are so many similar things that are available, but the easily accessible one was the oxo one. So tried one easy veggie and one hard veggie to see how it works. Well not bad though, because I made the zucchini zoodles and my H made the sweet potato one. lol 😉
- 3 Zucchini
- 2 Sweet Potato
- 1/4 Cup Marinara Sauce/Pasta Sauce (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 Tsp Celery Salt (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Fresh/Dried Herbs (optional) (I didn't have so I didn't use)
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- Make zoodles out of zucchini and sweet potato.
- Placed them in a separate baking sheet and seasoned them with olive oil, garlic powder, celery salt, salt and pepper.
- Mix them and bake until cooked for about 20 to 30 mins. Zucchini will cook faster than sweet potato so make sure you check oven after 15 mins.
- Mix both zucchini and sweet potato, add cheese, mix again, add marinara sauce and mix again. Adding cold marinara sauce will help it stop cooking.
- You can make this in a pan as well. Saute sweet potato first and after few mins add zucchini and cook until done with same above instructions.
- garnish with fresh cheese and herbs